lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Why use `cp' and `rm' when _WINDOWS defined?

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Why use `cp' and `rm' when _WINDOWS defined?
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 09:47:57 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 15 Mar 1998 address@hidden wrote:

> What follows is a series of minor patches to LYDownload.c, LYutils.c,
> and LYGlobaldefs.c that make things like file downloads using Dos
> copy.exe work properly.  It also gets rid of the stray Unix slash
> that has been cropping up when DOSPATH and _WINDOWS is defined.

I am not sure why these changes need to be made. The DOS version,
at least, seems to be working fine, without problems interpreting
pathnames, as currently constituted. I am unfamiliar with the copy.exe
program. There has been previous discussion about using the native
DOS utilities (some of this off the list), with the consensus being
(I believe), that it would be more reliable to stick with the unix
utilities ported to DOS. I hesitate to change that which isn't broken.

It would be best to keep any one pathname either in unix or dos form,
to prevent future problems. DJGPP and the unix utilities are generally
happy to take unix format. Which are the specific areas you found which
give mixed paths?
                                Doug
__
Doug Kaufman