lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV problem defining editor in Win95

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV problem defining editor in Win95
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 22:21:19 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 26 Mar 1998, K. Peijnenborg wrote:

> > >I have tried to define an editor, both in the options screen
> > >and in lynx.cfg. Nothing works. I get the message
> > >
> > >Alert!: Could not access file
> > trying to pass C:\TEMP_DIR/777777.txt to your Windows editor
> > that is complaining to you about this strange file designation.
> >
> > The latest lynx is supposed to correct that buglet.
>
> No, unfortunately that is not the problem. I tried several
> editors, some of which have no problem with such a command line.

First, are you sure that you have accessed the file in question and not
just hightlighted it. This is the error you see when you try to edit the
directory, when the file you want is highlighted.

If that isn't the problem, please try to use your editor from lynx, with
lynx in trace mode (^T), and send us the relevant portion of  Trace.log.
If you don't get a Trace.log, invoke lynx as "lynx -tlog".
                                 Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)