lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Using Lynx woth web "forums"

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Using Lynx woth web "forums"
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 10:13:19 -0500

Re: buffering the lines

Perhaps this is just my misunderstanding of lynx.

It appears as if Netscape (and probably some other GUIs) make the
assumption that the size specified on a textarea is the minimum that
should be displayed.  However, it appears to me that Lynx assumes that
it is the maximum.

Thus, in netscape, if you paste more than the area shown on the screen,
the form gets all the text, but as you point out, with lynx, once
you've filled out the form, the rest of the data is treated as
regular commands.

Is there a way to add an 'input mode' type sensitivty to lynx, so that
it requires perhaps a tab to leave the textarea and otherwise the
user just keeps getting new lines for input?