lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV caching & \ (was 2.7.2 report)

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV caching & \ (was 2.7.2 report)
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1998 14:06:04 -0500 (EST)

980328 Larry Virden wrote:
> Where are 'all the others' cached?

like, in  lynx.cfg  it says to set  DEFAULT_CACHE_SIZE ,
which allows me to keep  20  downloaded pages (my choice of number)
which are recalled from memory (or somewhere) without being retransmitted.
i did think everyone was talking about the same thing ...

my proposal, which seems to have some support, is
that when source is obtained using  \  (not otherwise)
it should be held among those pages along with the rendered version:
as is, Lynx replaces the one with the other,
which is a pain in the somewhere when you want to compare the two,
since each time Lynx sends off to the distant site for them.