lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV note about rev 5 of lynx 2.8.1

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV note about rev 5 of lynx 2.8.1
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 18:53:08 -0500 (EST)

> When I compile the latest version of lynx, I notice 4 warnings that are
> not 'statement not reached'.  They are:
> "../../../WWW/Library/Implementation/HTTCP.c", line 705: warning: implicitly
> declaring function to return int: gethostname()
> "./LYCurses.c", line 1077: warning: implicitly declaring function to return
> int: setupterm()
> "./LYMain.c", line 1739: warning: Function has no return statement : main
> "./makeuctb.c", line 764: warning: Function has no return statement : main
>
> I thought I would mention it in case someone is in the modules and wants
> to update them to remove the warnings.
The first two are things that don't generally have prototypes in the
standard headers (or at least not where they're easy to get at w/o causing
other build problems).  The others are because Lynx still 'supports' old
systems which didn't return an exit-status from the main program.

(both annoying, but at the moment more trouble to fix than the solution).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden