lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Partial Display (fwd)

From: Rahul Siddharthan
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Partial Display (fwd)
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 07:33:51 +0530 (IST)

Can anyone give me another page which screws up with
the partial display patch? My Lynx 2.8 works fine on
the fdisk page. I have encountered no other problems
with it so far. I sent the following message
some time back but it doesn't seem to have reached
-- anyway I haven't received a copy.
- Rahul

> On Mon, 30 Mar 1998, Wayne Buttles wrote:
>
> >For some reason, the following page screws up lynx with
> >your patch (yes, BAD HTML ;-).  http://www.fdisk.com/search/

It worked fine on mine. I applied the patch to 2.8 (the released
version), not 2.8.1. It cribbed about some "trailing garbage" but
it seems to work. The page downloaded correctly and I did
a search using Infoseek and that worked too.

You may be correct about slow telnet access, but if both the
telnet connection and the web access are slow, I'm sure the
*surfing* time would still be considerably saved.

I'd definitely recommend including it in the next release. Maybe
if necessary one could include an option to turn it off, if
some people don't like it?

Rahul.