lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Differences between lynx2-6 and lynx2-7-2

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Differences between lynx2-6 and lynx2-7-2
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 16:40:53 -0500 (EST)

980402 Joel Martin wrote:
> I work for an Alpha (VMS 7.1) site presently running Lynx2-6
> and considering going to Lynx2-7-2.
> Could somebody please tell me briefly what the average (-anonymous)
> Lynx user on our system would gain if we did this?

you should update to the latest 2-8,
obtainable from  www.slcc.edu/lynx/release/ .
2-8 is  18 months  newer & can handle a lot of things 2-6 fails on;
it also has a lot of useful improvements to commands.

> I am subscribed to this list but a lot of it is technically beyond me

well, part of the reason i read lynx-dev is to learn things
-- it contains lots of excellent computer general knowledge -- :
i hope my brief comments are non-technical enough ... (smile).