lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Lynx 2-8 Problems on HP-UX 10.20

From: Kalmbach, Paul V (PB-pvkalmb)
Subject: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2-8 Problems on HP-UX 10.20
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 17:26:35 -0700

I have been running lynx2-7 on an HP-UX 9.05 system. I mainly use
"expect" software to parse http documents from lynx 2-7 with no problem.
The TERM is hpterm.

I have just installed lynx 2-8 on an HP-UX 10.20 system. The parsing
using "expect" is not working. When I dump the datastreams from lynx I
notice a lot of escape sequences embedded within the text that are not
there in my 2-7/UX 9.05 system ( I bring up the windows side-by-side ).
For example, the http document would have "Username" in it. When you
look at the lynx 2-8 datastream it has something like : U\x1b&dBsername
in it.  These type of  escape sequences are prevalent throughout the
document. I try vt100 and still get stuff interspersed in text fields.

How do I get just the text for a field without all this crud? The 2-7
version I am using is a precompiled version I pulled off the web site. I
have tried both the precompiled 2-8 version and compiled my own version
and I still get this stuff. Somebody please give guidance.

Paul  V. Kalmbach
SBC Services, Inc.
Room 3139
San Diego, CA 92121