lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV handling Javascript (was mensa etc)u

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV handling Javascript (was mensa etc)u
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 23:27:37 -0400 (EDT)

980408 Wayne Buttles wrote (off-list for some reason):
> You didn't read what I said did you?

i most certainly did read it (as a useful suggestion by you)
& thought i was following it up with a useful comment of my own.

WB> there could be some javascript hacks using the concept of imagemap code
> as a base, but javascript is usually  <!-- commented out --> .
> does lynx do anything with text that is in comments
> or does it just throw it away until the other end shows up?

i can't answer your question, but always assumed Lynx threw it all away.
my idea was/is that Lynx -- on encountering Javascript comment-marks --
would no longer simply throw the content away,
but at least grab any URL's contained therein,
while alerting the user to the fact that there's Javascript in the vicinity.
it doesn't look like a big programming item, if anyone has the time.