lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV lynx_w32.zip feedback

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: LYNX-DEV lynx_w32.zip feedback
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 14:36:20 -0400

        I got the current W32 binary to try on this PC with Windows 95.
It's dev4, even though mods by Wayne are in the dev5 sources at sol, so
I don't know if this problem is fixed, but the trace log feature isn't
working properly for me.

        I put everything in and under C:\lynx and moditied the BAT file
accordingly.  I moved the icon for the BAT file to my desktop to I can
invoke Lynx by clicking there (plus kept a copy of lynx.bat in the
C:\lynx so I can cd there and run Lynx easily from the DOS prompt; the
problem occurs either way).  The C:\lynx\Lynx.trace file gets created
when I toggle on trace mode (^T), but remains empty, and when I try to
look at it within Lynx (';'), I get a statusline message of "Looking up
localhostc.", implying that the slash before the C: isn't being inserted
when LYMainLoop.c creates the full URL for retrieval of the trace log
file.

        I don't have a progamming environment set up on the PC yet, so
I can't play with it myself, and without the trace logging working as
it should, I can't say any more about it than the above.

        I'm also unclear from the sendmail.txt file how to set that up.
I have a POP3 account set up for access via modem with email address
address@hidden so that's obviously what should be in the -f
field, but I'm unsure what to put in the other fields.

                                Fote
__
Foteos Macrides (address@hidden during April, '98)