lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1dev.6

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1dev.6
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 21:02:52 -0400 (EDT)

> > From: "T.E.Dickey" <address@hidden>
> > Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 18:38:25 -0400 (EDT)
> > * Modify HTML.c, ifdef'ing some of the logic involved in unstacking tags.
> > It
> >   appears to be not completely necessary:  makes Lynx a little faster, at
> > the
> >   cost of making the tagsoup parser do the wrong thing.  Some entries in
> > the
> >   tagsoup DTD table versus the sortasgml table have SGML_EMPTY versus
> >   SGML_MIXED.  This information is used to control unstacking (in the
> >   color-style configuration as well).  There is still a problem evidenced
> >   when toggling between the two parsers in the Lynx main help page, but
> > that
> >   appears to be missing logic in 2.8's version of the tagsoup parser.  - TD
>
> Do u have an example of html fragment that doesn't work right with the
> updated tagsoup parser?
I've only ifdef'd it so far - but haven't cut-over, since the places I've
ifdef'd fix some problems while creating new ones.

> Will this affect lynx's handling of legal html?
Not if I do it right.  (I'm not done - I'm probably less than a quarter thru
this process, but stopped so I could source in the easier patches on my list).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden