lynx-dev

lynx-dev Post, Get prompt... plus bad html errors

From: Matt Ackeret
Subject: lynx-dev Post, Get prompt... plus bad html errors
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 18:56:32 -0700 (PDT)

Could someone please explain to me why the
Redirection of POST content. P)roceed, see U)RL, use G)ET or C)ancel
prompt comes up?

I personally only ever see it from the Internet Movie Database (www.imdb.com),
and I get it when searching for an actor's name.. (possibly other times too,
this is when I hit it now.)

Anyhow, in this case, both Get and Proceed seem to work. Other cases I
remember only one of them works, and using "the other" just gets you back to
the same prompt, if I remember correctly...

Isn't there any way to know which one is "right"?

I don't suppose anyone can figure out the problems in:
http://www.tmstv.com/cgi-bin/tvcgi.sjm/oldlogon,
and the page you go to after that.. Err, I think all of the pages.. you
go to one that then you can select "go to grid" and even going to the grid
gives you "bad html" errors..

I tried doing lynx -trace, but jeez, there's TONS of output, and I'm not
an html expert.  I do see some cases of it giving options not in the
proper context (trying to do a popup menu in the wrong way or something?)

If anyone wants to figure it out, and complain/suggest to the people who run
it how to fix it, that'd be great!  The "bad html" warnings are really annoying.

(BTW, the fact that this site uses a big graphic for the tv info doesn't make
it useless -- there's a "text grid" option you can set, but unfortunately not
as the default -- it's the last link in the "Grid navigation" picture/set of
links..  Plus, the searching capabilities here are better than other places
I've seen.)