lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev dev.6 warning msgs

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev dev.6 warning msgs
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 07:02:14 -0400 (EDT)

> When compiling the latest lynx dev.6 release on SPARC Solaris 251, I
> get these warnings:
> "../../../WWW/Library/Implementation/HTTCP.c", line 710: warning: implicitly
> declaring function to return int: gethostname()
> "./makeuctb.c", line 764: warning: Function has no return statement : main
> "./LYMain.c", line 1739: warning: Function has no return statement : main
> "./LYCurses.c", line 1077: warning: implicitly declaring function to return
> int: setupterm()
we can "put" a return statement there, but some old platforms (I think
VAX C was one of them) do not return a useful exit code based on the
return-value of main.

setupterm may be prototyped in term.h (but it may not).
since its prototype is all default-promotion stuff:
     int setupterm(char *term, int fildes, int *errret);
I didn't make an issue of it.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden