lynx-dev

lynx-dev ex-security hole (was too long subject)

From: Philip Webb
Subject: lynx-dev ex-security hole (was too long subject)
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 08:14:06 -0400 (EDT)

980420 Kazunori Ishibashi wrote:
> I've just noticed this ugly security hole
> that your organization found in last year.
> We have lynx2-7-1 running on SGI/IRIX6.2
> and would like to find some patches or binary fixes to fix the bug.
> But I couldn't find no replacement for LYDownload.c or anything.
> If necessarly, I will reinstall lynx 2.8.1
> (but I don't see the tar file for them either).

you need 2-8, obtainable from  www.slcc.edu/lynx/release/ ;
i compiled my own on an SGI Irix 5.3 system (i'm a user, not sysadmin);
2-8 fixed the security problem & has many other improvements over 2-7-1.

it's very flattering to describe us as an `organisation'!
lynx-dev is an international co-operative of volunteers,
who believe Lynx is a superior product & give their time to it.
maybe lynx-dev is at the cutting-edge of human organisations ...