lynx-dev

lynx-dev build problems with 2.8

From: Ric Anderson
Subject: lynx-dev build problems with 2.8
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 11:51:12 -0700 (MST)

I have a couple of problems with the lynx I got from
  ftp://ftp2.cc.ukans.edu/pub/WWW/lynx/lynx2-8/lynx2-8.tar.gz

1. The autoconf used to create configure from configure.in appears
   to be a modified version of gnu autoconf 2.12.  The gnu version
   won't process the configure.in in the lynx directory.  Is the
   modified version (2.12.971230) available someplace?

2. The file protections on ./configure and the scripts it calls (e.g.,
   mkdirs.sh) do not include the execute bit in the tar file, so
   you have to manually chmod these things (I'm still not sure I've
   found all of them) to "+x" in order to successfully run configure
   in the manner described in the INSTALLATION file.

FWIW,
Ric (<address@hidden> "Ric Anderson")