lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: suggestions for new features

From: Louis-David Mitterrand
Subject: lynx-dev Re: suggestions for new features
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 14:54:24 -0400

On Wed, Apr 22, 1998 at 07:25:53PM +0200, Mitja Sarp wrote:

Suggestion for Mitja Sarp: read the docs before posting ;-)

> 1) Ability to scroll one line at a time, less-style. It is very irritating
> to try follow a text when it jumps uncontrollably between the links.

You can scroll two lines at a time, I wouldn't call that "jumping
incontrolably".

> 2) Defining the path where a downloaded file goes should be _before_ it is
> downloaded. There isn't that much space usually in my /tmp, and moving the
> tmpfile away from there takes unnecessary time, should at least be able to
> define another TMPDIR. (/usr/tmp for ex.)

Check the SAVE_SPACE directive in lynx.cfg.

> 3) Downloading should happen in background, so wouldn't have to start
> another lynx for every download.

Check the DOWNLOADER directive in lynx.cfg.

> 4) Active xterm-mouse, as in pine. Could use the mouse for scrolling and
> klicking on the links.

Check the USE_MOUSE directive in lynx.cfg

> These are the major reasons people are not using lynx from what I've
> experienced, fix them and the world will be a better place.

They're fixed. The world is already much better.

> I'm using: Lynx Version 2.7.2 (1997)

Uprading to the latest stable release (2.8) is always a good idea before
making feature suggestions.

--
Louis-David Mitterrand
http://www.aparima.com