lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev TEXTAREA (was Re: LYNX-DEV Using Lynx woth web "forums")

From: Benjamin C. W. Sittler
Subject: Re: lynx-dev TEXTAREA (was Re: LYNX-DEV Using Lynx woth web "forums")
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 09:13:43 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 24 Apr 1998, Larry W. Virden, x2487 wrote:
[snip]
> The problem of course is how do we in a text window implement textarea
> in such a way that one can _leave_ the textarea.  Any control
> character chosen means that character can not easily be used within
> the textarea itself.
[snip]

Perhaps the textarea code could be left intact, except for one additional
key which invokes the external editor on a file containing the textarea
contents. That way arbitrary-sized text can be entered, and we don't have
to make a scrolling text widget for Lynx. When the user finishes editing
and returns to Lynx, the file would be read and used as the new contents
of the textarea.

Would this satisfy the standards?