lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev (off topic question) I-net in England?

From: David McDuff
Subject: Re: lynx-dev (off topic question) I-net in England?
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 18:27:10 GMT

On Wed, 29 Apr 1998 14:32:13 -0600 (MDT),  Scott McGee wrote:

>My wife will be in England for several months (she is British) to visit her
>family, and will have three of our children with her. I am hoping some of you
>in England might be able to help me determine the best way for them to maintain
>computer contact with me while there. Her family is in both Birmingham and
>Whitby (east coast, in Yorkshire). I am hoping we can set up some sort of
>email and/or netphone contact. She'll need internet access and will likely need
>to buy or borrow a computer too. Any thoughts that might help are very
>welcome.

Demon Internet provide a reasonably good dial-up Internet service in
the UK. You can obtain info on what they offer at

http://www.demon.net/

As for purchasing or renting a computer, there are innumerable sales
outlets, direct and 'high street' - most of the computer magazines
have large numbers of adverts.

Regards,

David McDuff
London, U.K.