lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Sendmail with dos

From: Dan Murphy
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Sendmail with dos
Date: Sat, 09 May 1998 15:38:33 +0400

Hi Doug.  I am using the precompiled one I got from the fdisk site.  I've
looked at the sendmail.bat, and I thought I had changed the smtp entry to
reflect my isp's smtp information, but is there something else I need to do
with it?
If you want I can send you a copy of my sendmail.bat directly and we can
figure out what's wrong.

On 1998-05-09 address@hidden said:
   >Cc: address@hidden
   >Please let us know which version of lynx for DOS you are using, if
   >you are using a precompiled executable whether the one distributed
   >by Wayne on fdisk, or the one distributed by me, and what sendmail.
   >bat file you use. Note that the sendmail.bat file distributed by me
   >needs to be customized by following the directions at the top of
   >the file. It probably won't work before you edit it, since the SMTP
   >server on your host will be seeing garbage in the envelope.
   >Feel free to write to me directly if you need help configuring the
   >sendmail.bat file that I distribute.
   >Doug
   >On Sat, 9 May 1998, Dan Murphy wrote:
   >> I am running the Lynx 2.81 for dos, and everything seems to work
   >> quite nicely except for the send mail feature. I have the line
   >> "SYSTEM-MAIL:sendmail", and I have put in what I think is correct
   >> in the sendmail.bat, but when I click on the mailto link for my
   >>web  page, and send a message to myself, just as a test, I don't
   >>get any  mail later. I am using speech and screen reading software,
   >>so if the  sendmail is generating an error, I can't necessarily
   >>see it. all I  know is that at some point in the process, I hear a
   >>beep. I have tried  this in both this version and Bill Schiavo's 2.
   >>7.1 version with the  same result.
   >__
   >Doug Kaufman
   >Internet: address@hidden (preferred)