lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: Lynx for DOS

From: Al Gilman
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Lynx for DOS
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 22:41:00 -0400 (EDT)

to follow up on what David Narunsky said:

> I am currently searching for a DOS based Lynx browser.  I do see that
> you have a wonderful FAQ based on it, but I was unable to determine a
> location for testing.  I have tried a few different ones, but they seem
> to wish me to have a certain TCP/IP stack on the machine.  By any
> chance, are you aware of one that will use whatever stack is currently
> installed?

As I understand it, the answer is no, because there is no
standard socket-like interface to the stack from DOS, and this is
in large measure because there is not a standard approach to
multitasking in DOS.

If you care to review the archives at
http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/ you will find that there has
been extensive discussion of issues related to this over the last
two months or so.

Al

In the future, please address Lynx questions to address@hidden .