lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev autoproxy config

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev autoproxy config
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 21:37:09 -0400 (EDT)

to follow up on what Sheng-Jih Huang said:

> i am wondering if there is or will be a autoproxy confiration
> support for lynx?  because our campus network is now enforcing
> users to use autoproxy to comply to the traffic restriction
> policy made by the goverment.

thought #1: the traffic restriction policy probably only
necessitates using the proxy; not really requires doing the
auto-proxy dialog that Netscape client and server employ.  The
proxy server can perhaps be statically configured in by the
apprpriate http_proxy environment variable or lynx.cfg
definition.

thought #2: [only if that fails] check the CHANGES files for
2.7.2 and 2.8 to see if the dynamic proxy configuration dialog is
in there.  I know it has been discussed and I am not sure of the
level of implementation at this time and in which version.