lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev about lynx.cfg

From: Michael Sokolov
Subject: Re: lynx-dev about lynx.cfg
Date: Tue, 26 May 98 18:02:24 -0400

Lucian ION - 2AC <address@hidden> wrote:
> 1) How can I see the hidden files with lynx (in DIRED mode?) (files that
> begin with ".")?

Go the Options screen (press 'O') and set the Show dot files option to ON. This
is assuming that you have compiled Lynx with SHOW_DOT_FILES set to TRUE in
userdefs.h, otherwise you'll have to recompile.

> 2) I can't find the file lynx.cfg , is it possible for the configuration
> file to have other name than lynx.cfg? Is there a command in UNIX to find
> a file? Please help me on finding this file, I'm desperate, I tried all I
> know to find it.

Do something like:

strings /usr/local/bin/lynx | grep "lynx.cfg"

Sincerely,
Michael Sokolov
Phone: 440-449-0299
ARPA Internet SMTP mail: address@hidden