lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Linux/ncurses/Lynx 2.8 no-bold links

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Linux/ncurses/Lynx 2.8 no-bold links
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 11:13:45 +0900 (JST)

> checking for screen type... (cached) curses
                               ^^^^^^
After doing any changes which will affect the results of the
autoconf script, it is advisable to do a "make distclean" to
remove the old cached info.

> I have installed ncurses version 4.2, but am aparently unable to
> build lynx using these new libraries.

If you are building in your $HOME directory, and the new version
of ncurses is there, too, you may need to set environment variables
for configure to find the version you want to use.  Format varies
with the shell; for csh:
        setenv CPPFLAGS "-I$HOME/.usr/include"
        setenv LIBS "-L$HOME/.usr/lib"

__Henry