lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Dumped

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Dumped
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 01:15:44 -0400 (EDT)

980603 5249bmcmn wrote to me:
> The version of lynx for vax is 2.4.2.

this is hopelessly out of date.  either get your sysadmin to upgrade
or do it yourself as you appear to have shell access;
goto  www.slcc.edu/lynx/release/  & get the latest 2-8.
it's not difficult to compile your own version,
but some binaries are available via  lynx.browser.org/ .

> The site is:  www.something-fishy.com/ed.htm
> Once on the site click "online support", then click "Remember It Hurts",
> then click "Visit the Remember It Hurts Web Board Now" ...
> at that point, just as the site appears, I get dumped.

i had no problem using 2-8: there is a bit of questionable HTML there,
which the earlier versions of Lynx probably can't handle.
that's why Lynx supporters keep trying to develop it further.

> I am not sure what you mean by OS, but I am using a Mac Classic
> and use Zterm to connect to my university VAX account.

by `OS' i meant VAX in your case.

please send all messages to  address@hidden ,
where all the developer-user community will see them.
there's an Archive at  www.flora.org/lynx-dev/ .