lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: Bold vs Reverse video for lynx 2.8

From: Dennis Reichel
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Bold vs Reverse video for lynx 2.8
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 08:25:55 -0400 (EDT)

> Dennis,
> No I have not solved the problem yet, I basically went back
> to v2.7.1.  I also had to convert to ncurses as you did.
> Leigh W.

Hi Leigh,

After a couple days of mucking about with the lynx 2.8, I got it
working with slang.  (and have a interesting, but of questionable
real value, color lynx)

Thomas Dickie tells me that the BSD version of ncurses doesn't
support the bold attribute.

I think though, that the new ncurses 4.2 which I'd installed
would work also, following these steps:

In the lynx distribution root dir:

# make distclean

(among other things, the distclean deletes the config.cache file - and as
one person in the address@hidden list (subscribe at address@hidden)
tells me, if library or configuration changes are made which will affect
the outcome of a build, the config.cache file should be deleted.)

# configure --with-screen=ncurses

# make

I was so curious whether this would work, that I did compile lynx-2.8
with the above mentioned ncurses library and it works, also having
a color display capability.

I think you will be able to get 2.8 working now.  If not, I may be
able to help you out.

TTYL, Dennis

P.S.  I CC: this mail to the lynx-dev list, offering sincere thanks to
those who replied to my messages.  Each reply contained useful information!