lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Getting to view gifs and stuff

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Getting to view gifs and stuff
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 10:46:09 +0900 (JST)

> (usually include in HTML docs) without having to startx. I have downloaded
> to aalibs and to my knowledge, gotten it to function alright with the

More than I could do.  Did you use ncurses?  I got aalib to compile with
ncurses, but failed completely with slang.  However, I could only get
aview to compile if I skipped aaflip.  I could not get netpbm and aview
to interact properly.

Manually, I did get some output, but not anything that could be recognized
as any resemblance to the GUI rendering of the .gif file.

>       Please could some kind body out there give me some advice as to

Ditto, and a half.  Ben's pitch sounded great, but I barely could get
to first base on this one.  Many TIA.

There is a mailing list for aalib, but nothing seems to be happening.

__Henry