lynx-dev

[no subject]

From: Russell Alderson
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 21:13:05 -0500

Observed in Lynx 2.6 and 2.8 running in Linux:

When I downloaded a file to my home directory via "Save to disk," the
temp copy of the file lingered in the tempspace for the remainder of the
Lynx session or until I shelled out and removed it manually.  At the end
of the session Lynx did remove all remaining tempfiles it generated.

I became aware of this only after my ISP put quotas on the default
tempspace, /tmp/.  Evidently, long sessions of heavy downloading built
up large bunches of tempfiles--probably enough to constitute /tmp/
abuse.  I have already defined LYNX_TEMP_SPACE to point into the home
directory to buy some wiggle room.

In LYDownload() of LYDownload.c, where Lynx places the file in home,
the VMS side first tries to rename() the file out of the tempspace.
Can rename() be applied safely on the Unix side as well?  Or removing
the tempfile after a successful copy?

/\/ QWKRR128 V5.10 [R]