lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx: bookmarks: add today's date to entry.

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx: bookmarks: add today's date to entry.
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 08:42:50 -0700 (PDT)

> From address@hidden Sat Aug 15 21:02:15 1998
> Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 21:01:09 -0700
> From: Michael Warner <address@hidden>

> I don't know that I'd have much use for it, but how about
> sticking the date in a "title" attribute in the anchor?  As
> far as I can tell, the title attribute can be used for
> more-or-less arbitrary information about the URL.
>
> The format for a line in the bookmark file would become:
>
> <LI><A href="where-ever" title="19980815">Anchor Text</a>
>
> (format == `date +%Y%m%d`)

Suppose the site's "suggested" title "best site ever"; the
date maybe should (preceeded by a colon) be APPENDED (wrong!
PREpended, for sorting; of course that's maybe what the "format"
specifies; don't know how to interpret it) to
the suggested (or modified), AFTER the user presses <cr>.

I mean, it is supposed to be AUTOMATIC, no?  The user who
has chosen this date-OPTION surely doesn't want to SEE the
darn thing each time, right.  That's the whole idea of
making it automatic -- no human interaction needed, not
even impinging on the eyes.

My thought, anyway.