lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev 2.8.1 release

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2.8.1 release
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 18:45:04 -0400 (EDT)

980818 Thomas Dickey wrote:
> 980818 Laura Eaves wrote:
>> I think it's about time to release 2.8.1 as the current release
>> (as 2.8 had bugs and deficiencies that have been ironed out
>> in the current dev code...) How far is dev21 from being stable?
> I think it's reasonably stable - would like to see more reports of builds
> on the less common platforms (such as VMS).

so i'd better get on with fixing the  n  bug;
there's also the Alert message with  ../  for TD;
& making  COLLAPSE_BR_TAGS:NOPAIRS  the default in  lynx.cfg :
Henry or Jason sent in a useful patch today,
but DH's earlier patch needs fixing to make the alternative
 COLLAPSE_BR_TAGS:ALL , ie the current default behaviour,
which should satisfy both sides of the recent debate.

maybe a `Last Call' for small fixes'n'stuff?