lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Select Box appearence

From: Anton Bobykin
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Select Box appearence
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 08:39:39 +0400

> >     First, I do appologies for my English.
> >     I have a problem with tag <SELECT> in lynx2.8.1dev21 (Debian 1.3 with
> > kernel 2.0.35). I compile lynx, not changing anything in config.h or
> > Makefile. And now the problem. When a select control(ComboBox) get
focused
> > and I press Enter I don't see this box, then I press another keys (not
> > Enter) I see this box. I want to see this box, first time I pressed
Enter.
> > In Lynx2.7.2 there's no such problem.
> please give a url so we can see which case you're talking about.  thanks.
I'm don't have access to Internet and this problem appeared in our
Intranet.
The html document was:

<HTML>
<BODY>
<FORM method="post" action="/cgi-bin/select.pl">
Select type:
<SELECT name="type">
<OPTION selected>Unknown
<OPTION>Resident
<OPTION>Non-resident
</SELECT>
</FORM>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Just a simple select. I suppose problem with compilation of my lynx.
Yesterday, I've run gdb lynx and there're results:
This is the part of LYForms.c
#else
        wstart_reverse(form_window);
        wmove(form_window, ((i + 1) - window_offset), 2);
        paddstr(form_window, width, opt_ptr->name);
        wstop_reverse(form_window);
        /*
         *  If LYShowCursor is ON, move the cursor to the left
         *  of the current option, so that blind users, who are
         *  most likely to have LYShowCursor ON, will have it's
         *  string spoken or passed to the braille interface as
         *  each option is made current.  Otherwise, leave it to
         *  the right of the current option, since we can't move
         *  it out of the window, and let sighted users rely on
         *  the highlighting of the current option without the
         *  distraction of a blinking cursor preceding it. - FM
         */
        if (LYShowCursor)
            wmove(form_window, ((i + 1) - window_offset), 1);
        wrefresh(form_window);
// Yes, I see the select BOX

#endif /* USE_SLANG  */

        c = LYgetch();
// And now the Select BOX disappeared.

        if (c == 3 || c == 7)   /* Control-C or Control-G */