lynx-dev

lynx-dev forms and partial_display

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: lynx-dev forms and partial_display
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 23:01:57 +0400 (MSD)

OK, I move the thread to a new subject.

>      * Subject: lynx-dev [2.8.1dev.22] bug-report: garbage on the screen
>        when partial_display is on
>      * From: Sinan Kaan Yerli <address@hidden>
>      * Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 18:40:26 +0100

> Bug:
> When a page contains <FORM ...> markup and if the PARTIAL_DISPLAY is
> true then while the page is loaded incrementally all the <INPUT ...>
> lines are displayed on the first line of first current page until
> partial_display finishes.
>
> I have been trying to find a solution but I couldn't. The problem is in
> GridText.c`display_page (well, I pin pointed upto here using a

The problem is another.
I found out that HTML.c really different between lynx2.8+ and lynx2.7.2
when deal with select/option form element, thanks Klaus Weide.
Quoted from 2.8.1dev22
(keep in mind that 2.7.2 have an empty 'default' element):

PUBLIC void HTML_put_character ARGS2(HTStructured *, me, char, c)
    /*
     *  Handle SGML_LITTERAL tags that have HTChunk elements. - FM
     */
    switch (me->sp[0].tag_number) {

    case HTML_SELECT:
    case HTML_OPTION:
        HTChunkPutc(&me->option, c);
        return;

    case HTML_MATH:
        HTChunkPutc(&me->math, c);
        return;

    default:
        if (me->inSELECT) {
            /*
             *  If we are within a SELECT not caught by the cases
             *  above - HTML_SELECT or HTML_OPTION may not be the
             *  last element pushed on the style stack if there were
             *  invalid markup tags within a SELECT element.  For error
             *  recovery, treat text as part of the OPTION text, it is
             *  probably meant to show up as user-visible text.
             *  Having A as an open element while in SELECT is really sick,
             *  don't make anchor text part of the option text in that case
             *  since the option text will probably just be discarded. - kw
             */
            if (me->sp[0].tag_number == HTML_A)
                break;
            HTChunkPutc(&me->option, c);