lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Why bother with JavaScript?

From: mattack
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Why bother with JavaScript?
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 10:44:22 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 28 Aug 1998 address@hidden wrote:
>Exactly what does Javascript offer that would be of any real interest
>to anyone?

Well, I'd be able to use my $8/trade stock account rather than my $29.95/trade
stock account..  I can't use the former (SureTrade) via Lynx because it's
all JavaScript junk..  Though admittedly they have some sort of touch-tone
service for the same price that I guess I should just learn..

(Though with the stock market all going down, I don't know how many trades I'm
going to do any time soon!  I don't want to sell, because stuff'll go down even
more..  I'm hoping everyone wises up pretty soon!)

Anyhow, there are some other sites that I use that unfortunately use JavaScript
that I would use with Lynx if I could.

I'm all turning off "useless crap", but that mostly counts as turning off
graphics!  Unfortunately if useful sites use things like JavaScript, then
they should be supported.