lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev 2.8.1 release

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2.8.1 release
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 21:42:41 -0400 (EDT)

> Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 18:23:50 -0700
> From: "brian j. pardy" <address@hidden>
> Should persistent cookies still be considered experimental, or do we think
> they've been hammered on enough?
>
> The only change I can see that I would re: those is to use a
> ".lynx_cookies" (or some variant) file in the home directory to store
> them, as opposed to "cookies" in the current dir.

Rather than put the persistent cookie file(s) in $HOME, why not create a
~/.lynx/ subdirectory so as not to clutter up $HOME.  Already there are
lynx_bookmars.html and .lynxrc in $HOME.  I also add ~/.book/ for my multi
bookmark files.  What does everyone think about consolidating lynx files
into a .lynx subdirectory?
--le