lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev 2.8.1 release

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2.8.1 release
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 20:11:48 +0400 (MSD)

> > a RELEASE should be an event & we should be confident it's bug-free.
> > how about releasing dev.22 or dev.21 as 2-8-1 --
> > or some bug-fixed version of some such earlier version
> > from before the shakier features started being added --
> > & renumbering dev.24 = 2-8-2dev.1 ?

Probably, the only thing that may bother us is the new info pages layout,
I vote to return it back and postpone changes for 2-8-2dev.1
Except that stuff became better and seems to be stable (I know nothing
about configure and VMS stuff, though). Few minore bugs still
known as not fixed at the moment.

I think the main user-visible changes from 2.8:
partial display, verbose images and cookies (accept all/ persistent support?),
other changes mostly internal but include a number of minor bugfixes.
How about doc's/help for new features?

Leonid.