lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1dev.26 fails on Apollo

From: Dave Eaton
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1dev.26 fails on Apollo
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 16:45:13 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 14 Sep 1998 address@hidden wrote:

> what I meant (trying again):
>       Lynx defines (in case your system does not have in its <sys/stat.h>)
>       the S_ISLNK macro.
>
>       That definition is in Lynx's file named tcp.h

Ah, now I understand ... and the S_ISLNK part of that file was not there
in dev.16, which explains why that one worked for me ... it wasn't needed.

The problem with dev.26 seems to be that this definition for S_ISLNK is
one of a _bunch_ held within:

 #if defined(NeXT) || defined(sony_news)

neither of which is defined on an Apollo build (and I'm not sure I'd want
or need any of the other flags anyway.)

When I took the brute force approach and copied the

  #ifndef S_ISLNK
  #endif

block and put it outside the "NeXT" conditional block, lynx dev.26 built
just fine on my Apollo!

*Obviously* this is not the "proper" fix, but I'll leave it to you folks
as to how to properly implement it in the defs. Perhaps a specific CFLAGS
for APOLLO or maybe there is a better fix?

Thanks for the help. At least now I can try to proceed with some testing
on that platform. Will report any other problems I encounter.

 Dave Eaton
--
 Artronic Development  - Your Web Site Solution
 12629 N. Tatum Blvd., Suite 224; Phoenix, AZ 85032