lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Last Call[?]: Line Edit Style to ...Gone

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Last Call[?]: Line Edit Style to ...Gone
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 10:12:06 +0400 (MSD)

>> > how about Line Edit Style & List Directory Style?
>> > i see nothing corresponding in  lynx.cfg .  do we still need them?
>>
> [...]
>> enhancement.  IIRC that was a stub, a piece of program structure
>> that was put in the program early on with the idea that people
>> might want to add an alternate line edit mode.
>>
>> Does anybody here have any memory of this option being live, and
>> what it did for you?

> Look in src/LYEditmap.c.  I second Leonid's motion that we not remove
> things just because they _seem_ to be unnecessary.

In this certain case, since any new key maps may be available
only after changing the code in src/LYEditmap.c and recompiling,
we should probably move the text on Edit Style from option_help.html
directly to comments inside src/LYEditmap.c, and comment out
the choise in old-style Options Menu.

                Leonid.