lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Problem with externals/Lynx 2.8.1pre.8 (04 Oct 1998)

From: John Lim Eng Hooi
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Problem with externals/Lynx 2.8.1pre.8 (04 Oct 1998)
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 17:02:19 -0800

On Tue, Oct 13, 1998 at 08:32:53PM -0700, Michael Warner wrote:

> > EXTERNAL:wget:wget %s &:TRUE
>            ^^^^
> > EXTERNAL:urls:echo %s >> ~/urls.txt:TRUE
>            ^^^^
>       [...]
>
> I didn't see any one else answer this, but I've gotten
> behind on my list reading....

I think you're the first to reply :)

> definitions.  If they actually are as given above, try
> changing the second field to the actual protocol(?)
> identifier that begins the URLs you want to use the external
> program on, thus:

Bingo. You're right. Where was this mentioned in the docs? I
must've missed it.

> EXTERNAL:ftp:wget %s &:TRUE
>          ^^^
> and
>
> EXTERNAL:http:echo %s >> ~/urls.txt:TRUE
>          ^^^^
> I think that will probably do the trick.

Aha! It works! Thanks... I was confused on how the EXTERNAL command
works... I thought it would present me a list of choices a la the
download/print menus for every URL (no matter what URL type). In
effect, an exact duplicate of the download/print menu except instead
of downloading/printing the current link, show the list of options
to operate on the current URL.

I just tried putting another EXTERNAL command for the same URL type; lynx
only reads the first one.

Thanks once again!

---
 John Lim Eng Hooi * CoSys Admin, Cyber HQ, 2020net * address@hidden