lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev having problems with forms-based options

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev having problems with forms-based options
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 21:37:46 +0400 (MSD)

> Nelson Henry Eric wrote:

>> Now that I've actually gotten into using the new forms-based options,
>> there are some problems I've run up against.
>>
>> 1) If, for example, I only change the first entry "cookies" from say
>> "ask user" to "accept all", and then hit the "Accept Changes" button,
>> a field I haven't even touched, "CJK mode", changes from "ON" to "OFF",
>> so that when I am returned to the page I was viewing, it's all messed
>> up (Japanese page).
>>
>> 2) I can't seem to get "Assumed document character set" to change.  It
>> always returns to "iso-8859-1", and I can't seem to get "euc-jp".

Henry, did you see the same bug in old-style menu (e.g. change CJK mode
OFF and than ON, or probably change "Assumed charset" back and forth...)?

There are two locations in sources:
HTMLSetCharacterHandling() in LYCharSets.c (I hacked it heavily near dev25
but hope without mistake), and another place is in forms-based code -
gen_options in LYOptions.c, they should be consistent with each other
but have a tricky old code for setting up
LYRawMode/UCAssume_MIMEcharset/HTLYhandl_for_unspec
depending on display charset and other parameters.