lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev status

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev status
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 05:21:22 -0400 (EDT)

> We need to prepare a new "features" pre-release page,
> keep 2.8 features info but preserve a link to complete 2.7.2 page
> as the latest unsupported code by FM

I have a draft release page (which I'll revise once more), in

        http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/release2-8-1

It links to 2-8, which links to 2.7.2

> (we probably still have problems introduced by Klaus).

probably. (as well as fixing an equal number of problems made by Fote - but
those are mainly in areas dealing with portability/maintainability).

> Also I got several coredumps recently from pre10 (NSL-FORK on Linux)
> so I want to know whether it is fixed or not.
>
> >> I've sent a few patches since pre11, all for things that should be
> >> quickfixed -- are those going to be in pre12/rel?

I've seen 2-3 separate reports of core dumps over the past month which I
cannot reproduce.  There were 3-4 which gave me enough clues to add some
checks (e.g., for null pointers), and I've put in fixes for those.  But I
cannot say how many more there are (the rate of reporting is all that I
have to go on).

But this is also a problem with the older versions - once you know where
the problems are, it's simple to break the program.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden