lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Documentation patch for 2-8-1

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Documentation patch for 2-8-1
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 08:20:23 -0500 (EST)

981028 Thomas Dickey wrote:
> 981028 Philip Webb wrote:
>> can we expand this slightly to make clear that it's not MERELY bug fixes,
>> which is what a lot of people out there might expect for 2-8 -> 2-8-1 ?
>>
>>   Lynx Version 2.8.1 is the latest official release, which adds several
>>   useful features, including partial display and persistent cookies,
>>   and bug fixes through 1998-10-24.  See the CHANGES file for a complete
>>   record of all changes in this release.  New releases are announced
>>   on the lynx-dev mailing list (see below).
>>
> For new/improved features, we can move on to 2.8.2 development...

i appreciate in your vital role as co-ordinator you are thinking in terms
of proper sequencing & completing one phase before beginning the next,
but your brief remark here doesn't really make sense.
my slight revision is not intended as any criticism of DK,
but i believe it is an improvement & the principal new features in 2-8-1
should be mentioned in this paragraph: if there are no objections,
can we see it amended in the next version, be it 2-8-1rel.3 or 2-8-2dev.1 ?