lynx-dev

lynx-dev lynx bookmarks bug?

From: Jeffrey S. Farmer
Subject: lynx-dev lynx bookmarks bug?
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 98 14:20:34 EST

Dear lynx developer:

On my lynx bookmarks page (version 2.8rel2, SCRI-net version 2.2 beta), r,
y was not removing the highlighted link, but the link immediately
preceding it.

This was happening only with higher numbered (more recent, lower on the
page) links. I narrowed the problem down to this link:

<LI><a href="http://www.poets.org/faq.htm#poetsmarket";> </a>

Before this link, r, y worked as it should; after, it didn't.

I tried to delete this link (using r, y), but it wouldn't highlight. So I
moved the highlight down to the next link, hit r, y, and the "bad" link
disappeared. After removing the "bad" link, everything worked normally.

I'm sure I lost several bookmarks I wanted to keep before I noticed the
problem.

Thanks for your work on lynx.
--

Jeff Farmer