lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.2

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.2
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 20:22:45 -0500 (EST)

981111 Leonid Pauzner wrote:
> I would rather suggest to add new Options menu section - "Document layout":
> for HTML parsing - relaxed (tagsoup), strict (sorta sgml)
> and images - verbose/ no label ([) / add links, something else...

sounds like a good idea, but that's a programming task
which is probably best left to those who created the Options Form.

> As you know I am not the best in english writing

you do very well, but documentation in English should be well-written.
`the' & `is' are among the first words anglophones learn,
but they must present real difficulties for anyone
whose first language doesn't contain their equivalents:
i remember trying to get a handle on `ests/sests' & `zakryvats/zakryts'
when i learned some Russian many years ago: English has nothing similar;
ordinarily no-one cares, but in docs you should remember it's `he has'.

i got caught today using an 80-year-old dictionary:
apparently French idioms have advanced since then ... (grin).