lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Do we need [Y] AND [N] strings? Could they be [Y/N]?

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Do we need [Y] AND [N] strings? Could they be [Y/N]?
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 12:51:44 +0900 (JST)

> on top of that we need a utility function (on my list) to prompt for
> yes/no/cancel.

Oh, yes, been waiting for something like that.  Won't do anything then
since a much better solution is in the making.

> > There are a few instances like the following:
> >      (WAIS Index)
> >     WAIS Index:
> >      WAIS Index.\n
> > I haven't looked at the code yet, but I suspect the same string
> > could be used in all three situations.  Or perhaps only the
> > "WAIS Index" could be within the gettext() call.
>
> that is what I would do - and make the string a #define in LYMessages_en.h

Okay, in general, then, I'll move in that direction.  As for the
example I gave (WAIS), I propose that actually we remove gettext from
all of them since WAIS is all but dead as a protocol.  The strings
are probably more understandable in English than translated anyway.
I'll also be reviewing the lynx.po file from that point of view, i.e.,
checking for validity as a target for translation, as well.

__Henry