lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Better color settings

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Better color settings
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 07:46:56 -0500 (EST)

> Hi,
>
> I upgraded from lynx-2.6 to lynx-2.8.1.  I liked partial display of
> page while it is being downloaded.
>
> But, the default color scheme is a bit lame.  When I do search (/),
> lynx moves forward to the location, but the searched pattern is not
> highlighted.  When color is disabled (-color), the search works as
> expected.  Can you point me to or send me another color settings with
> black background and various color highlights, similar to the way
> tin-1.4 handles highlights.

I get highlighting with the default color configuration.  Perhaps you have
not configured lynx against similar libraries to tin (tin can be built
with termcap, which lets it specify to use "ANSI" colors when the terminal
description does not - curses requires that the terminal description
support color).  There's some discussion on my ncurses faq:

        http://www.clark.net/pub/dickey/ncurses/ncurses.faq.html

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden