lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev envir't variables (was passing data)

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: lynx-dev envir't variables (was passing data)
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 00:06:55 -0500 (EST)

As you deduced, I did a simple grep thru all .c files.  I grepped for
getenv, which is the function used by most OSes for environment
variables.

As for the preliminariness of the list - the one thing that is missing
was a set of hits on getenv but where there was no explicit environment
name.  I am in classes the remainder of the week, but if no one gets
to it before next week, I hope to return to the effort and determine
what environment variables are examined in those cases.

As for lower vs upper case letters - that's what is currently used in
the source code.  I don't know if this is historical, reflects the
original libwww, or what.  However, under Bourne influenced Unix shells at
least, the case of the letters is significant.
--
Larry W. Virden                 <URL: mailto:address@hidden>