lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev NSL fork broken under AIX 4

From: Bela Lubkin
Subject: Re: lynx-dev NSL fork broken under AIX 4
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 15:07:58 -0800

Jens Schmalzing wrote:

> when building lynx version 2.8.1 under AIX 4 with the nsl fork feature
> enabled, I run into a compile time error in the file HTTCP.c in
> WWW/Library/Implementation/.  The problem persists in the current
> developmental version 2.8.2dev.7.  It is apparently due to a
> conflicting return types of the wait() function, and can be solved
> using the patch below.

> ! #ifdef HAVE_TYPE_UNIONWAIT

Is HAVE_TYPE_UNIONWAIT already being defined by configure?

> !         union wait waitstat;
> ! #define WAITSTAT &(waitstat.w_status)
> !                     waitret = waitpid(fpid, WAITSTAT, WNOHANG);

This seems fairly odd -- are you sure it's right?  If we needed the
union wait, I would expect wait{pid}() to take the union type, not one
of its sub-types.

> + #define WIFEXITED(__x) (!((__x) & 0xff))

WIFEXITED is already defined (possibly with a different definition) on
most systems.  So it should at least be surrounded by "#ifndef
WIFEXITED".

> + #define WIFSTOPPED(__x)  ((__x) & _W_STOPPED)

WIFSTOPPED isn't used, so there's no reason to define it.  Or perhaps
you meant to define WIFSIGNALED?