lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev going back to the frame-page owning the current frame?

From: Eduardo Chappa L.
Subject: Re: lynx-dev going back to the frame-page owning the current frame?
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 19:55:28 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 28 Dec 1998 address@hidden wrote:

:)On Mon, 28 Dec 1998, Doug Kaufman wrote:
:)>On Mon, 28 Dec 1998 address@hidden wrote:
:)>> Is there some simple way (as in one-key) to go back up to the page that
:)>> shows all of the frames that contain the one that I zoomed into?
:)>
:)>I think that you probably want the uppercase "V" key, for the page of
:)>visited links. Just click on the one you want. I am not sure what you
:)>mean by "zoomed".
:)
:)I just think of frames differently than other pages, though I guess it's
:)all the same.  If you think about what other browsers do, with Lynx you
:)"zoom" into one of the frames, then often go back to the list of frames so
:)you can zoom into another one of the frames.  It seems less like generally
:)going from one link to another link to another link like often happens
:)in web browsing, but I go up and down the various frames... so am thinking
:)of it sort of like zooming in with binoculars on a certain frame.
:)
:)yeah I guess it's weird.
:)

Something a little bit more general in this sense could be that a person
could decide to "bookmark" to a one click the "main page". Pressing "m"
causes you to go to the "main page". Why not let the user change the main
page if he wanted to, letting him "tag" a "main page" whenever he wanted
to and so he could come back easily to it if he wanted to ? I hope I am
clear in my opinion

  Have a nice day,

Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/personal.html