lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.7.1 + Minuet = wacky characters

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.7.1 + Minuet = wacky characters
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 14:38:45 +0000 (GMT)

> However-there is one snake in the garden.  We're using Minuet, a
> suite of abandonware apps from U of minn.  Unfortunately, Minuet
> doesn't do pure vt100 emulation, I am told.  So whenever Lynx

I'd suggest using MSDOS Kermit (kermit.columbia.edu - free but not
freely redistributable) for your telnet, as, within the limits of the
hardware, it is a very accurate VT100 emulation and has a built in
TCP stack and will run over some other TCP stacks.

> wants to redraw/refresh the screen, like after you A)dd a
> bookmark, every single blank space on the screen is filled with
> a *reverse* space, except for the blank spaces between words.  It

However, if you want to use the minuet telnet client, you need to find
out the termcap and/or terminfo settings that accurately describe it.
As a first stab, you might want to try adding extra codes to the clear
screen sequence.