lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: lynx2.8.2dev.15

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: lynx-dev Re: lynx2.8.2dev.15
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 17:44:25 -0800

On Fri, Jan 29, 1999, Larry W. Virden (address@hidden) said:

| > Without that patch, I was using "$" for the function (ie, ^V $):
| >
| >  KEYMAP:$:EDITTEXTAREA
|
| So does the normal value for the keymap character continue to exist?

No.  ^V (when used in a TEXTAREA) is a hard-coded "escape" key, allowing
you to follow it with a "normal value" (key), which will then invoke that
function.

| I use
| $ for my END character.

Then use something else for EDITTEXTAREA, or better, apply the patch I
mentioned to -dev.15, and just use whatever EDIT is bound to (normally
"e").

If you can't do that, try using ^E again (did you enter that in lynx.cfg
as two literal chars "^" "E", as is required, when you tried binding it
before ?).  Then, in a TEXTAREA, you'd hit  ^V ^E ...

/kim