lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev DEC FTP site

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev DEC FTP site
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 14:51:15 -0500 (EST)

990130 Jim Spath wrote:
> They did not write that page, *we* did.
> It's a copy of an  index.html  page on the SLCC web site
> that needs to be updated.  Since others may stumble across it
> when searching the digital site (also known as  ftp.digital.com ),
> it should be improved. I asked for contributions.

from the Lynx Current Document Page:

  Linkname: SLCC Lynx Pages

  Linkname: Development Code

however, if you (somehow) know to write:

  http://gatekeeper.dec.com/pub/net/infosys/lynx/current/

you do find the very latest development version (as IC pointed out).

surely, their mirror software should translate to the correct local URL;
i'ld call it a fumble (without seeing a replay (smile)).

also, of course, there's some obsolete stuff we should junk.